Professor Dr. Rashid Latif Khan was the first to set up an IVF centre in Pakistan. He is also known for delivering the first test tube baby in all of South Asia. Dr. Rashid Latif was awarded Sitara-e-Imtiaz by the president of Pakistan for his accomplishments.
• First Doctor from Pakistan to do MRCOG & FRCS (UK) 1967-68.
• First Doctor from Pakistan to introduce Diagnostic Laparoscopy (1974).
• Wrote First Textbook of Gynaecology (1982).
• First to introduce IVF technology (1984).
• First Gynaecologist from Pakistan to be invited as Examiner by the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist, London U.K. (1985).
• Delivered First IVF baby of Pakistan (1989).
• First Gynaecologist of Pakistan to be awarded SITARA-E-IMTIAZ (1992).
• Founder President of South Asian Federation of Gynaecology (1996).
• First Professor Emeritus of PGMI (1998).
• Founder President IVF Society of Pakistan.